Fox News – Months later, the left still seems to be recovering from the shock of Hillary Clinton losing to Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election.

However, as it turns out, Clinton herself may have anticipated the election loss, despite all signs pointing to her victory.

In an interview with CBS News, Clinton’s campaign communications director Jennifer Palmieri said that although Clinton was upset about her loss, she wasn’t too surprised by it.

“I think she’s one of the people who is least surprised that she lost. … Contrary to this view that she held onto this dream of being the first woman president, I think she came close to not running in 2016,” Palmieri said.

Palmieri said Clinton eventually decided to run “because she thought she was the person who could best be president and that she was the Democrat that was best positioned to be able to win,” as compared to Sen. Bernie Sanders.


I’m sorry Hilldog, but I’m calling bullshit on this one. I’m pretty sure everybody in the entire world predicted that Hillary Clinton was going to become the next President of the United States other than a few batshit crazy right wingers. The fact that Clinton is now saying she isn’t surprised that she lost after such a historic defeat is complete lunacy. Forget Miracle on Ice, the Giants defeating the Patriots in Super Bowl XLII, or the Red Sox defeating the Yankees in the 2004 ALCS after being down 0-3. Hillary Clinton losing to Donald Trump in the 2016 President election was the biggest upset of all-time in anything. Period. This was history’s modern day David and Goliath.

Prior to the election, just about every single major poll predicted Hillary Clinton to win the election. In fact, she was such a surefire lock to win that FiveThirtyEight had Clinton at a 71.4% chance of winning and Trump with a measly 28.6% the morning of the election. For somebody to now say that they aren’t surprised about the outcome is a complete lie. Deep down, I’d bet big money that Donald Trump didn’t even think he had a chance to win himself. He knew he was fucked just like the rest of us. Hell, he probably even had his concession speech prepared for weeks. Considering the fact that Clinton didn’t have hers ready to go that night further proves the point that she was in absolute shock like the rest of us.

Will somebody please go to the Chappaqua woods and check on Hillary Clinton? I’m concerned she might be eating the wrong types of mushrooms.